As a research associate, you will work to inform and amplify the perspectives of business leaders at the national and local level. You’ll conduct research in a variety of policy areas, including education, clean energy, technology, taxes, and the future of work.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Reading through reports and synthesizing news articles to help our research manager create issue briefs for our network
- Keeping up-to-date on policy developments
- Drafting blogs for the Business Forward website
- Drafting media advisories, press releases, and briefing materials
- Drafting memos
- Maintaining our database using EveryAction (similar to NGP VAN)
Requirements: We are looking for candidates with strong analytic, research, and writing skills. Experience with the Microsoft Suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel) is required. An understanding of social media and digital strategy is a plus. The position is remote, but we are based in Washington, D.C. and require employees to be located in the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area. The job is approximately 10-12 weeks long with the opportunity to stay on. Part-time work would be 10-15 hours per week.
Benefits: This job can be done for college credit or paid hourly. How to apply: Send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.