Correctional Supervising Cook (KVSP)
$46,788 – $57,552 annually
Are you looking for a stable job with great benefits where your food preparation and coaching skills will shine? California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS) is seeking an experienced culinary leader to provide guidance to kitchen staff in all aspects of the preparation, cooking, and serving of meals to patients at Kern Valley State Prison.
In this key role, you will:
· Supervise and train both staff and inmate-workers, ensuring policies and procedures are followed
· Oversee the maintenance and cleaning of kitchen worksite, including equipment and storage areas, while maintaining food handling, safety, and sanitation best practices and standards.
· Manage and document all kitchen inventories,
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
· Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
· State of California retirement that vests in 5 years (visit CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
· A variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
· Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans
· And much more
This role is just the beginning of a successful and rewarding career with CCHCS as the Correctional Supervising Cook classification is part of our Upward Mobility Program. This program was created for internal growth development that is intended to help CCHCS employees in select classifications explore career paths. From here, the opportunities to expand your knowledge base, hone your skills, and advance your career are as endless as your drive!
To apply online visit: https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5610090&user_id=