Camp Skylemar, is in search of college students and/or recent graduates who want to make a positive difference in the world. At Skylemar, you’ll have the opportunity to be a leader while teaching, coaching and mentoring kids. Working at Skylemar is the experience of a lifetime. You’ll create lifelong friendships and connections. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the friendships you build will stay with you long after the summer ends. For additional information click here or follow this link to watch a Skylemar video.
Camp Skylemar is a well-established (since 1948) recreational summer camp, located in southern Maine. The state of Maine, is more than a destination – it’s an experience that will take your breath away. In summer, there’s no better place to be than in Maine. From the beaches to the mountains, there’s so much to explore, and enjoy during your free time.
· Sports: lacrosse, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, hockey, archery, football, soccer & volleyball.
· Water Sports: swimming, canoeing, kayaking, paddle-boarding, sailing, water-skiing, wake-boarding, wake-surfing, water-polo & fishing.
Skylemar is hiring staff who are:
· Energetic, kind & creative.
· Enthusiastic about working with boys ages 7-16.
· A positive role-model.
· Able to share our belief that nothing is more important than safety.
· Comfortable teaching all levels, from beginner to advanced.
· Responsible, supportive & patient.
Applicants must have completed at least one year of college. Compensation package starts at $3,000, including housing, meals and transportation expenses. WIFI, staff clothing and a laundry service are also provided. Camp season runs from June 12 to August 7. Ability to take a college class online while you’re here. We also provide free time to workout.
Internship credit is available. Most educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. Check with your institution to be sure this opportunity meets any requirements.
Click here to apply online. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.