The Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for delivering prompt, reliable and courteous service to residents, guests, and vendors. You will be a key part of the concierge team and shall maintain a steady presence in the lobby to assist residents with access to the building, answering the telephone, and providing general support to inquiries received at the lobby desk as well as providing administrative support to the property management team.
COVID 19 – Protocols:
- Please note that this role will be in-office (Downtown Portland near PSU).
- Masks are required.
- Proper social distancing guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct customer support such as assisting with resident portal use, answering incoming customer telephone calls, and responding to emails.
- Assure prompt and positive action on all homeowner complaints, questions, concerns, and suggestions, including inquiries regarding services and building problems.
- Open concierge desk daily and provide onsite staff with keys and a list/schedule of events (i.e., moves, deliveries, remodels) for the day.
- Schedule Moves, deliveries, guest suite, and/or community reservations as appropriate.
- Review/organize daily log and follow up on any tasks/inquiries that developed since the last shift. Assign follow up tasks to other concierge staff as appropriate.
- Ensure that keys and packages are logged, checked out appropriately and perform and audit at least once per shift.
- Responsible for screening unknown individuals accessing the building.
- Assist with board packet creation and delivery as requested by the Property Manager.
- Draft, edit and distribute property notices.
- Track and provide quality-assurance follow-up.
- Assisting the community team with scheduling, planning, and organizing resident activities and programs.
- Performing support and administrative tasks, paperwork, computer work, and other tasks as necessary.
- Keeping detailed information on local area restaurants, shops, delivery places, and other pertinent information that may be of interest to residents and maintains relationships and contacts with concierge vendors.
- Managing all package deliveries by documenting arrival information and notifying residents of all package deliveries within 24 hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to two years of successful experience in the service industry, preferably in reception and property management.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work independently.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and set high standards for accuracy.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to produce error-free documentation and create orderly systems and processes.
Availability: Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm