Exciting career opportunities in the language access industry are waiting for you. Our client provides an opportunity for you can help make a difference in someone’s life every second of every day.
The Proofreading Specialist reviews and proofs printed and online documentation to assure that the target document resembles as closely as possible the source document (usually the Master English). Functionality quality assurance testing on native operating systems, per a documented test script, may also be required.
COVID 19 – Protocols:
- COVID-19 Policy: Full vaccination required. Vaccination exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis and must be accompanied by supporting documentation.
- Please note that this role will be an in-office position (SW Portland right off I-5).
- Remote interview process.
- Temperature screening machine for daily check prior to entering the office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Indicated all corrections, questions, or comments on the hard copy of the target language document using standardized correction symbols (proofreader marks).
- Verify match of type styles and layout.
- Check headings, bullets, paragraphs, format, kerning, leading, text justification, headers and footers, indentations, page flow, artwork, and graphics, call outs, proper names, spelling and placement of screen captures.
- Confirm all text has been translated into target language.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- A minimum of a BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in document production and/or quality assurance fields.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability for proofing projects is required.
- Requires accuracy and patience.
- Ability to organize time, work and to stay focused.
- Writing/editing/proofreading experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a foreign language is a plus.
- Familiarity with the PC and Mac operating systems.
- Experience in the localization industry a plus.
Availability: This role will start as full-time with flexibility in hours down the line.