This is a position for college students or recent graduates taking gap years
Cardinal Education is seeking a Gap Year Academic Coach to join our team! We are an extremely dynamic and collaborative company focused on providing top-tier expertise in admissions and tutoring to families.
As part of a rapidly-growing enterprise, we have deep expertise in education and are constantly improving. After training, we continue to learn from each other to build the best network of coaches possible. Coaches taking a gap year will be uniquely positioned to gain valuable experience working with a range of students and families that will greatly assist them as they navigate their admissions process. We provide them with flexibility, support, comprehensive training, and more.
Your Health & Wellbeing during COVID-19:
At Cardinal Education, the health and safety of our staff and community remain our top priority. All coaching sessions are held remotely, and consultants have the option to work from home. The use of office space is limited to staff members and students with special needs. Our offices abide by strict sanitation and safety protocols provided by CDC and the World Health Organization to ensure everyone’s well-being.
Academic Coaching and Mentoring
- Become one-on-one academic mentors for students by providing the support they need in various subject and/or test prep areas
- Complete our comprehensive training programs that equip you to successfully:
- Identify students’ unique strengths and weaknesses
- Build students’ curiosity and confidence in their own abilities
- Change students’ lives by reducing stress and guiding them through academic struggles
- Proficiency in multiple core subject areas at a high-school level. The ability to teach some high-school science is a big plus.
- Have a willingness to work evenings and weekends to meet objectives
- Ability to commit to part-time tutoring for at least 1 year
- Availability at last 8 hours per week
- Tutoring and/or test prep experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree completed or in-progress from a nationally accredited university
Knowledge and Skills
- A high level of energy and sociability
- Exceptional writing ability
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of people including executives, students, and other coaches
- Ability to work independently yet dutifully within company pedagogy and processes
- Apply relentless dedication to delivering results
- Drive to help cultivate student thinking so that students become well-rounded and no longer need coaching
- Competitive hourly rate for tutoring up to 30 hours/week
- Performance bonuses
Our office is currently closed. Please direct any job inquiry to us at email@example.com.