MicroConnex has an immediate opening for a Plant Manager to lead a growing microfabrication team that includes manufacturing engineering, scheduling, inventory management, purchasing and factory supervision. The successful candidate will be excellent at developing talent to support growth. A successful candidate will build better operating systems and processes to support growth at scale.
MicroConnex is a proto solutions enabler and manufacturer of complex, high density, flexible interconnect components. Our customers span start-up to Fortune 50 companies serving the medical, semiconductor test and measurement and industrial markets. As a Carlisle Interconnect Technologies Company, our addressable markets are growing rapidly and MicroConnex is seeking qualified, high energy candidates to join our team.
Working at MicroConnex as a Plant Manager in a small company provides opportunity for significant contribution every day in the outcome of the business. Our culture values transparency, agility and adaptability and we have the support and infrastructure from a multi-billion dollar parent company, Carlisle Interconnect. We are rapidly adding capital to our facility to fuel growth. Candidates who love developing people and systems with a desire for continuous improvement will flourish in our culture. Total compensation is competitive and depends on experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment and promotes a high level of safety awareness
- Demonstrated strong leadership, softs skills, team building and advanced coaching skills including the ability to motivate, assess, select and develop talent, and drive organizational culture change
- Enforce discipline positively and respectfully through the organization toward all standards
- Drive accountability process for daily performance reporting and problem solving of key performance indicators (KPIs) such as safety/quality/delivery/cost/inventory/growth
- Utilize visual management and reports to clarify current conditions, identify gaps, generate problem statements and related countermeasures
- Lead team through daily/weekly/monthly corrective actions. Coaches at multiple levels on the shop floor in daily walkthroughs
- Support Carlisle Operating System (COS) engagement by teaching Lean Management, 5s, Visual Management, Standard Work, Problem Solving, Six Sigma and related methodologies. Previous experience leading and implementing continuous improvement programs is desired
- Improve manpower utilization within departments and processes
- Reduce variation through strong operating systems and standardized work
- Communicate vision and develop annual operating priorities into supporting objectives using policy deployment
- Responsible for planning plant costs, capital and capacity for near and long range requirements
- Ensure manufacturing and production facilities, machinery, tooling, and equipment are maintained in an efficient operating condition and arranged to optimize flow
*Other duties may be assigned*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability expected.
Experience: Led 7 years in a leadership role, preferably in a lean factory.
Leadership: Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example. Ability to influence decision making with or without authority. Facilitate groups with diverse perspectives. Bring teams to agreement. High tolerance for ambiguity.
Communication: Interpersonal skills that build productive relationships and influence others, both within the business and across organizations. Ability to interact with all levels of the business (senior leaders to working teams), exceptionally good listening skills, able to present complex or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Able to remain calm under pressure.
Teamwork: Collaborate effectively with others in the spirit of common objectives
Planning and Execution: Excellent project management and prioritization skills. Solid business acumen. Adaptable to deliver results despite shifting environment. Strong capacity planning, facility planning and resource management skills. Organized and dependable to follow through.
Skills and Knowledge: Able to identify problems; apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data. Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution. Hands-on experience with most of the following: Lean / Problem solving tools, Leader Standard Work, Visual Management, Kaizens, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Operations Management or Engineering. Candidates with alternative education or training considered with demonstrated experience.
Must be able to communicate in English. Ability to read technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and procedures. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals of statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.