Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care — integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing — to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with on-call duties one week per month. The position is community-based, with the FACT Team’s home base located at the Kerns Building in NE Portland.
Under general direction, the Registered Nurse for Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) coordinates a wide range of supportive and therapeutic behavioral health services for a caseload of adults with severe mental illnesses and addiction issues with criminal justice involvement while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required that the FACT Registered Nurse (RN) understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. The Registered Nurse assumes responsibility for treatment decisions in keeping with RN licensure provisions and renders care prescribed by physicians and nurse practitioners. Registered Nurse responsibilities shall not be delegated.
- An active, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse License and CPR/First Aid Certification. Must demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a QMHA or QMHP as outlined in OAR 309-016-0005.
- QMHP: A Bachelors degree in Nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- QMHA: An Associates Degree in Nursing from an accredited college and at least one year of mental health work experience.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Knowledge of the kinds of medical conditions most commonly encountered by people with a severe and persistent mental illness and an understanding of the physiological basis for the nursing care delivered
- Motivational Interviewing
- Ability to maintain a trauma informed care environment
- Operate Computer hardware and software (Including Electronic Health Record Software) at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
Cascadia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 503.963.7654
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)