Receptionist and Intake Specialist
Immigration Legal Services
Full-time (40 hours/week); Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Attorney
Through the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, Catholic Charities of Oregon achieves lasting solutions to poverty and injustice by partnering with clients to meet their economic and educational goals, and to support their physical and social well-being. Catholic Charities is the official domestic relief agency of the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
The mission of Catholic Charities Immigration Legal Services (CCILS) is to provide high quality immigration legal services to low-income immigrants and refugees, and to engage in public education, training, and community outreach. CCILS promotes justice for all newcomers and conditions that will result in their full participation in American society. Founded in 1996, CCILS focuses on family reunification and assistance to the most vulnerable immigrants, including domestic violence victims, crime victims, refugees, and certain persons needing deportation and removal defense.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer a high volume of calls and voicemails to conduct potential client intakes; direct telephone calls to staff as appropriate; provide information and referral assistance to Spanish and non-Spanish speaking community members; track all calls and voicemails.
· Greet clients and volunteers and take payments as needed.
· Route weekly intakes to immigration representatives; send referral lists; conduct conflict checks; call to schedule consultations; send appointment reminders; set up consultation e-files; process all consultations denied by attorneys.
· Process consultation fees and other attorney fees as needed, process fees weekly and make end of the month reports of all fees received.
· Receive and handle client file copy requests.
· Process outgoing and incoming mail daily, log mail into client database.
- Create new client profiles in the database.
- Follow procedures associated with opening and closing cases as needed.
- Monitor and order office supplies including mail supplies as needed.
- Work alongside finance with appropriately coding billing invoices.
- Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as requested by Supervisor.
- Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent lived and or worked experience is required.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English required.
- Experience or desire to work with victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Demonstrated competency working with people from diverse cultures. Ability to assess and treat clients in a culturally competent manner.
- Ability to effectively work with standard office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
· Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast-paced work environment.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and weekends.
- Travel between sites in Portland required. Must have driver’s license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from criminal, civil and/or motor vehicle background check required.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Position is temporary approximately October 2021 – January 2022.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume, and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER