Catlin Gabel School is seeking a full time, experienced Groundskeeper to join our friendly, inclusive team in a wide variety of grounds and sports field maintenance on a 67-acre wooded and landscaped campus. Work assignments include pruning, irrigation, gardening, mowing, minor repairs, pest control, waste and snow/ice removal, safe and proficient equipment operation, and other work as required. Catlin Gabel School is a private PS-12th grade school with over 700 students, in a beautiful, park-like setting in west Portland on Bus 20 line. We welcome and value employees with diverse life experience.
The primary focus of this position is grounds maintenance with emphasis on beds, mowing, arbor care, irrigation, roofs and gutters, and hard surfaces maintenance on the campus.
• Perform routine grounds maintenance tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision, transitioning between tasks efficiently and logically
• Effectively and safely operate and maintain tools and equipment of the landscape trade, including but not limited to snow removal equipment, tractors, mowers, golf carts. Use personal protective equipment.
• Maintain accurate and timely reports and records of maintenance projects completed
• Monitor irrigation schedules and watering requirements and assist in maintenance of irrigation systems
• Clear hard surfaces including pavement, sidewalks, and roofs in all weather and include clearing debris, snow, and ice
• Drives vehicles between campus areas, to pick up supplies, or go to landfill
At least 3 years of institutional/commercial landscaping experience
Valid drivers’ license
Full benefits – medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance
Paid Vacation Time – starting at 2 weeks
Up to 15 days PTO/sick time each year
Employer-matched retirement fund
Opportunity to learn and grow professionally
Pay starts at $19-22/hour, depending on experience
Please apply at: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
If you would like assistance to apply, please contact HumanResources@catlin.edu
Catlin Gabel School is committed to employing the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.