Internship Dates: Part-Time – 10-12 weeks (August 2021 – December 2021)
Job Type: Part-Time, Profit Center, Non-Exempt
Are you interested in Solar Energy? Join CED Greentech, the nation’s largest solar equipment distributor. Greentech specializes in Solar PV and energy storage for residential, commercial, and utility energy markets.
Our Internship is designed for candidates that are interested in sales or management, and an interest in renewable energy. Our highly structured 10-12 week introductory course is paid and will provide candidates a working knowledge of the industry by exposing them to all aspects of the solar field through a combination of mentoring and on the job training. The program requires a strong commitment from each participant and encompasses, but is not limited to, warehouse operations, logistics, sales, engineering, and operations. Our interns will have the opportunity to work on special projects such as market sales or customer analysis, as well as, other projects custom designed by the management team and the intern. Upon completion, many interns are prequalified for our Management Trainee program, and become full-time employees.
REPORTS TO: Profit Center Manager
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Current, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Authorization to work in the United States (without requiring work authorization sponsorship by CED now or in the future).
- Must have completed your Junior year at a credited College or University, and you must currently be enrolled in a Bachelors Degree Program or a Master’s Degree Program during the 10-12 weeks.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Detail oriented
- Ability to solve problems
- Must be a self-starter who can handle a heavy volume of work and be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
Conditions vary based on the intern’s current segment of the training and will include warehouse, office and external environments. During some segments, activities will include lifting, sorting, standing, possible extreme heat/cold conditions. Office segments may include sitting for extended periods.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learning all aspects of the CED business
- Communicating – both written and spoken – in English.
NOTE: Because positions may evolve due to the needs of the business, this job description may not list all essential functions and is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other essential functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned at any time; with or without notice.
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability | Veteran