CGG is a fully integrated Geoscience company providing leading geological, geophysical and reservoir capabilities.
As part of CGG’s Subsurface Imaging team, your primary responsibility as Research Geophysicist will be to develop new, innovative solutions to problems plaguing the seismic industry. You will use knowledge of signal processing, wave propagation, and numerical optimization to develop and test high-end algorithms, sequences, or programs with predefined geophysical or engineering content. You will participate in the validation of your contributions with senior Research staff and Production staff by analyzing and evaluating processing and imaging results on synthetic and field data. You may work independently or as part of team, but always in close collaboration with Seismic Imagers, remaining in-tune with production demands and industry trends. You will also work closely with Software Engineers on the development, deployment, and improvement of high-performance computing applications on GPU and CPU architectures based on new imaging techniques and technological advances. You may be asked to present your work and results to colleagues and clients, as well as externally at conferences and workshops, and to prepare technical articles for industry proceedings and journals.
Must have current U.S. work authorization
Required Education & Experience:
- Ph.D. or Master’s in Geophysics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or other related technical discipline
- Capable of abstracting geophysical concepts with mathematical languages
- Excellent coding skills with one or more programming languages, such as C/C++, CUDA, FORTRAN, Python, OPENCL
- Innovative mindset
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of geophysical concepts and seismic imaging/inversion
- Experience with finite difference and wave propagation
- Knowledge of high-performance computation (MPI, multi-threading, GPU, etc.)
- Experience with cross-platform development
- Experience with designing and implementing algorithms
Why work at CGG?
- Highly intelligent and motivated coworkers who are industry leaders in seismic imaging
- Energetic and challenging-yet-fun work environment, full of imaging problems to be solved and technologies to be developed
- Excellent training and mentorship programs
- Competitive compensation with a monthly, performance-based bonus program
- Full health benefits and generous 401(k) employer-matching
- Onsite gym, fully stocked break rooms, table tennis and billiards tables, free catered lunches three days a week, plus breakfast on Fridays
- We take care of our biggest asset – our people!
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.