The Hair and Make-up Attendant is a member of the CST run crew and will be responsible for all aspects of hair, wigs, and make-up during rehearsals and performances of CST’s production of As You Like It this fall. The Attendant will also have the opportunity to work in a fully equipped shop alongside the other members of the Hair and Make-up department and will assist in the maintenance and upkeep of show specific items throughout the run. The Attendant will coordinate with the wardrobe team to provide a safe, clean, and efficient work environment for all performers and crew both backstage and onstage.
· Performing all run of show responsibilities that relate to hair, wigs, and make-up.
· Executing all pre-show and post-show duties as assigned by the Head of Hair and Make-Up
· Assisting actors with wig application, hair styling, and make-up application
· Assisting with quick-changes during performances
· Performing maintenance of wigs and make-up
· Maintaining high safety standards and techniques related to the job
· Assist wardrobe staff with preshow, post-show, or run of show responsibilities as necessary and available.
· Coordinate mic placement and safe mic usage with the Sound Department.
INTERACTION WITH PATRONS AND PUBLIC
- This position has responsibilities that are near the public or they do work that can be observed by the public.
- Direct interaction with the public is not likely but is possible.
· Perform a variety of physical tasks including but not limited to reaching, lifting, bending, and walking swiftly.
· Standing for extended durations.
· Use of manual dexterity in the operation of standard wig, hair, and make-up tools and accessories.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Work hours will be variable depending on the phase of the project but will be primarily in the evenings.
- The Hair and Make-up Attendant is expected to attend all rehearsals and performances. Any schedule adjustments that will require the Attendant to miss a rehearsal or performance must be pre-approved by the Head of Hair and Make-up.
- Evening and weekend hours will be necessary.
- Rehearsals and performances will take place at the CST facilities on Navy Pier in Chicago, IL.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Strong communication skills specifically when working with Designer, performers, other Run of Show staff, and an array of production personnel.
· Knowledge of a variety of hair and make-up related products and techniques, their different characteristics and treatments, and their safe use and application.
· Proficient wig maintenance skills.
· Makeup application skills
Proper cleaning and maintenance techniques of wigs, tools, and work areas.