Chicago Transit Authority is the second largest transit system in the country! Our college internship program offers summer and year-long internships that provide students with valuable work experience, professional development, and mentorship. Students receive exposure to the discipline of the workplace and are guided by subject matter experts who assist them in acquiring the skills, knowledge, and experience needed to perform in today’s technically demanding careers.
Interns at CTA work in a range of departments including:
- Administration Departments ranging from Diversity/EEO, Human Resources, Training and Workforce Development and more
- Board and President’s Office
- Finance and Purchasing
- Legislative Affairs and Government and Community Relations
- Safety and Security
- Transit Operations
Our internships are project-based; therefore, the skills that we seek vary based on the needs of the projects during each term. All majors are welcome to apply, but please see education experience/requirements for specifics about what disciplines each internship project is seeking.
Internships are part-time (15 hours a week) during the school year and full-time (40 hours a week) during the summer.
In this role within the Learning and Support unit, interns will:
- The e-Learning and Instructional Design Intern will assist the Learning and Support unit with educating CTA employees by designing, developing, and maintaining a variety of online training courses. They will learn to effectively develop and submit course content into a new Learning Management System (LMS). This content will include a focus on professional development and essential skills in the workplace such as time management, conflict resolution, project management and more. The intern will also have the opportunity to apply course work knowledge and previous experience to create instructional resources and experiences including print, audiovisual, and other multimedia.
- They will work closely with subject matter experts to assess training needs and may also be involved in creative problem-solving as well as testing and implementation of the content with the new LMS.
- The LMS will advance CTA’s priority of workforce development by organizing eLearning content in one location, providing employees with unlimited access to eLearning materials and allowing staff to track learner progress and performance.
- This is a great opportunity for interns to apply course work knowledge and explore how a LMS can be used to drive employment development in the transportation industry.