Never settle for less. Chubb Group provides insurance and reinsurance for a diverse group of clients around the world and a broad array of sophisticated property, casualty, accident and health, and financial products, and risk management services to corporate and consumer clients across the U.S.
Chubb Group is dedicated to recruiting and developing talented individuals with the knowledge, ability and desire for success. With our strong capital base, financial stability, diversified earnings stream and multinational operating platform, we offer an excellent opportunity for your future growth and development.
The position will be based in Philadelphia, PA and will be a part of the Risk Intelligence team which is a part of the Enterprise Risk Unit (ERU) that provides support to Chubb. The ERU is part of the Corporate Analytics and Risk Management group under the overall direction of the Chubb Chief Risk Officer and Chief Digital Officer.
The candidate will be responsible for the development and maintenance of research, analytics and applications that support the Enterprise Risk team’s efforts regarding emerging and chemical risks. At any one time multiple projects may be ongoing, so the ability to shift focus quickly from one project to the other is necessary.
Qualifications – External
* Expertise using Python or other programming languages to implement algorithms and test hypothesis
* Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Computational Biology, Biophysics, Computer Science or Related field with 2-4 years experience or Master’s Degree with 0-2 years experience;
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on delivering actionable information to the business
* Ability to multi-task with little supervision and work in a complex, deadline oriented environment.
* Ability to comprehend and apply external research that will impact business processes
* Self-motivated passionate professional, able to provide realistic time estimates and driven to achieve committed milestones
* Possess a desire to learn, a drive to improve and a natural curiosity about how things work and why things are done in a certain way
* Background applying deep learning approaches to small molecule, protein, or genetic data
* Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP) models
* Experience designing front-end applications