Position Title: Circle of Friends Youth Program Intern
Reports to: Youth Program Coordinator
Hours: 10 hrs. per week; varies – M-F
The Youth Program Intern supports the work of the Youth Program Coordinator by assuming responsibility for coordinating and running specific program activities, data tracking and entry, mentoring and transportation of youth and any other administrative activities needed to support the organization.
- Works directly with at-risk youth (ages 5-18) who are currently enrolled in Circle of Friends. Most youth will be unmatched and waiting for a one-on-one mentor.
- Act as Liaison between families and Circle of Friends.
- Weekly connection with youth in both a one-on-one and group setting.
- Assists in coordination of the volunteers for youth activities.
- Create and maintain connections with our Middle School and Middle School partners such as Caldera.
- Coordinate and run program activities at the Campbell house that will directly relate to our 9 core assets.
- Transporting youth to and from the Campbell House, School, and any other extra-curricular activities and programs.
- Data entry and tracking on our unmatched youth.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Detail Oriented
- Appreciation of and respect for children
- Youth Oriented – like and understand children and their needs
- Likes and wants to learn
Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to complete a background check, and have or be willing to obtain Covid-19 vaccination.