We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The FACT Program is a critical program within the Corporate Finance Department for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you have the exciting opportunity to experience multiple disciplines within finance and accounting to determine which one best fits your skillset. You’ll accelerate the development of your financial analysis, accounting principles, and excel knowledge to develop you into a well-rounded and contributing member of the Corporate Finance team.
NOTE: THIS FULL-TIME PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2022
Experience during the program
In this 18-month program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Corporate Finance Division at Citizens Bank as well as great insight into the inner workings of a large financial institution. You’ll begin by completing 2-weeks of onboarding and training hosted by the prior FACT class alums which includes team building and social activities as wells as overviews of the different areas of corporate finance led by our senior finance leaders. During this time you will also have the opportunity to network with past FACT alums who can serve as mentors to help guide you through the duration of the program.
Then, you’ll continue to gain relevant experience by completing business line rotations in three of the following corporate finance teams: Commercial Banking Finance, Consumer Banking Finance, Business Services Finance, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax, Treasury, Transformation and Corporate Strategy. During your business line rotations, you could be working on:
- Financial budgeting, forecasting, and comprehensive financial reporting, including the board of directors report and the quarterly earnings report
- Maintain, analyze and interpret data to develop a working knowledge of financial information and present key finding to finance managers and senior leaders
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements for $163 billion banking organization
- Test, review and report on internal controls of the accounting and reporting departments
- Preparation of Tax Returns and Personal Property Tax declarations
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, estimated tax payments and extension payments
- Financial management for a variety of consumer lending portfolios (i.e. student and auto)
- Polish and strengthen proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and relevant data sources
- FACT colleagues are provided the opportunity to participate in quarterly peer benchmarking presentations with the treasury team, while working with a senior leader as a mentor.
- Deepening research skills through investigating peer financials
- Strengthening presentation skills
- Broaden network through communication with subject matter experts to strengthen presentation
- Further understanding of financials and the banking industry
Note: this program is based in Johnston, RI with some potential business line rotations based in Westwood, MA and other Providence, RI area offices.
As an Associate in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a strong foundation of Citizens Bank. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Customer and client site visits
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed on a Corporate Finance team as a Financial Analyst. Past graduates of the FACT Program have been placed in Commercial Banking Finance, Consumer Banking Finance, Business Services Finance, Capital Planning, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Tax and Treasury.
Completion of the 18-month program will have you prepared to make an immediate impact on your respective team, and give you the skillset to accelerate your career growth and promote future opportunities at a company that encourages growth and mobility. Connections to senior leaders, diverse group of finance departments and early career development alumni will provide you the opportunity to foster continued career development. As a FACT alumni, individuals have the opportunity to work with the program management team on recruiting and program related activities
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, communication, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or other business/analytical related degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required (3.2+ preferred)
- Strong data analysis skills including use of excel and other similar programs
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is highly preferred
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am – 5pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.