The Bryan Police Department is currently accepting applications for Police Officer. No certification or experience is required. We are seeking individuals with integrity who are committed to public service, dedicated and professional, with a willingness and compassion to work together with the citizens of Bryan to maintain a healthy and safe community.
The Bryan Police Department is a Civil Service (Chapter 143) Department and has 157 sworn personnel and 12 reserve officers.
$57,000 (as non-certified Cadet) up to $82,762 (depending on certification)
*Range pending approval 10/4/21
Friday, October 8, 2021
Written Exam Date:
Friday, October 15, 2021
(For those who successfully pass the written exam, the physical fitness assessment will be immediately following.)
- Employment Application
- Written Exam
- Physical Fitness Assessment
- Personal History Statement Form
- Preliminary Interview
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Exam
- Oral Interview Board
- Psychological Exam
- Police Chief Interview
- Medical Exam & Drug Screen
- U.S. Citizen;
- High School Diploma or have a high school equivalency certificate/GED;
- At least 21 years of age and not more than 44 years of age at the time of hire;
- Valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record at the time of hire;
- Good moral character, stable employment record and no history of any conduct which may affect suitability for law enforcement work;
- If applicable, military service discharge must be under honorable conditions as stipulated on DD-214 form;
- No felony or Class A misdemeanor convictions; no Class B misdemeanor convictions within the past (10) years.
To apply and/or to view more information regarding the application and testing process click here and follow the instructions provided. You will receive an on-line confirmation number upon successfully submitting your application. You will also receive a confirmation email within one week of applying directly from the HR Department.