General Statement of Duties
Performs a variety of duties at the Aquatic Center according to certification and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the equipment, facilities, operations and techniques used in a comprehensive aquatics program, including safety, rescue, and first aid equipment.(B) Certifications in First Aid, CPR, AED and food handling and skills with listed tools and equipment.
- Effectively enforce safety and health regulations relating to an aquatic program; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, participants, instructors and the general public; ability to communicate effectively and to give and carry out instruction.
- All reports and paper work for this position must be complete, accurate and timely.
- Be 15 years of age
- Be certified as a Red Cross lifeguard
- Possess CPR for the Professional Rescuer,
- Be certified with AED
- Posses any combination of education and experience necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
The City of Dallas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with Section 504 of The Rehabilitation Act of 1973.