As first responders, Police Officers are vital to public safety and perform basic police services in accordance with the mission, goals, and objectives of the City of Florence Police Department and in compliance with governing federal, state, and local laws.
A Police Officer performs law enforcement and crime prevention work for the purpose of ensuring the safety and security of the City of Florence. This position fulfills that duty by responding to calls for service, conducting investigations, being knowledgeable of laws and ordinances, and establishing positives relationships within the community.
Someone looking to serve in this role needs to have great communication skills, be compassionate and empathetic, have integrity, be willing and eager to learn, and be able to quickly make the correct decision.
There is currently 1 vacancy this recruitment is attempting to fill. An eligibility list will be established at the end of the process, which will be retained for 1 year, until the list has been exhausted, or discarded at the sole discretion of the City.
- Applicants must take the FrontLine National test. Reading section score must be 75% or greater; Must not fail any one section; must score at least 75% overall. All tests must have been completed within one year of your application date.
- Applicants are responsible for contacting National Testing Network (NTN) and arranging for their own testing. See: https://nationaltestingnetwork.com/publicsafetyjobs/search.cfm?position=1®ion=all&state=Oregon
- The Department notifies top applicants to attend an Oral Board interview with the Department.
- This may be conducted as a one-way video interview. A webcam or smart device (tablet or phone) are required.
- The Department notifies top applicants from the Oral Board interview to attend a Police Chief’s interview (conducted via zoom).
- The top applicant receives a conditional offer and must complete a comprehensive background investigation. Other qualifying applicants may be requested to complete the comprehensive background and enter the eligibility pool.
- After passing the comprehensive background investigation, the top applicant will be scheduled for a psychological exam, medical physical, and drug screening.
After passing all above related exams, the top applicant will receive a finalized offer and start date.
Please see the full job description.