Program Facility Attendant – North Kirkland Community Center
Salary – $16.69 – $19.34
The Kirkland Parks and Community Services Department is seeking Facility Program Attendant staff for the North Kirkland Community Center. This position acts as on-site City representative for recreation programs, activities and rentals. Performs miscellaneous clerical, and registration tasks. Perform minor maintenance and cleaning as needed. Position collects fees, maintains records, sets up and takes down equipment, tables and chairs. May be responsible for opening and closing facilities and supervising customers when full time staff is off site. Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to patrons in all environments.
1. Six months of prior experience with public contact and/or customer service required.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Must have or be able to obtain first aid/CPR certification by start date.
4. Must successfully complete a thorough background check as required by the Child/Adult Abuse Information Act.
5. Must successfully complete a Washington State Driving Abstract.
6. Must have ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Experience working in a community center setting.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Civic Rec registration system.
Work Conditions & Physical Activities
Work is performed in varied locations within City of Kirkland facilities with high levels of noise and seasonal temperature extremes. Must be able to walk, climb, bend, and stoop to complete tasks.
Hours of Work
Schedule is flexible and will vary between days.
We are currently seeking one or two staff for the following shifts:
(with additional shifts being added in the fall)
• Mondays 8:30am-2pm & 2pm-7pm
• Tuesdays 8:30am-2pm
• Thursdays 8:30am-2pm
Additional hours may be offered as need arises on weeknights 4:30pm-10:00pm, weekdays daytime 8:00am-5:00pm, and weekends (Sat/Sun) between 8:00am and midnight. Attendants may be offered work at any City of Kirkland facility, and may be placed on a backup roster.
Applicants who are invited to participate in the interview process will be notified by phone or email. Candidates who are selected to interview will be required to complete a criminal background check.