Job Number: 2021-33
Classification: Management Analyst
Closes: Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Exempt, Full Benefits
$27.32- $38.25/hour (Grade C41), $29.45- $41.23/hour (Grade C42), depending on qualifications
The City of Springfield is seeking to fill a key position in the Finance Department. The Finance Analyst reports to the Budget Officer and is assigned to support the Accounting, Budget and Procurement functions within the Finance Department. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, and able to communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Summary of Essential Duties:
• Supports the annual City-wide audit process with tasks to include: gathering supporting documentation and completing reconciliations for work-papers and audit disclosures, preparation of the central service cost allocation plan and indirect rates.
• Supports the City-wide budget process with tasks to include: compilation of the annual budget book, budget software system administration, assist with Budget Committee process logistics, assist with the supplemental budget process.
• Supports the City’s procurement program to include administering the City’s purchase card program, providing guidance to internal customers on procurement process, assigning contract numbers, administration of scanned contracts and related materials, and interpreting State statutes, Municipal Code, and Administrative regulations.
• Coordinates financial analysis and process improvement projects.
• Conducts rate analysis and develops rate amounts for internal charges and other central service cost centers.
• Supports revenue forecasting through the extraction of data from source systems, and the analysis of factors influencing revenue sources.
For the complete Finance Analyst/ Management Analyst job descriptions, please see the City’s classification page: https://www.springfield-or.gov/city/human-resources/classifications-pay-scales/
Training & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, accounting, finance, or a closely related field, and;
• 0-2 years of experience performing more day-to-day routine and reoccurring finance activities in one of more of the following areas: financial reconciliations, data gathering and analysis, report development, and financial research (Grade C41)
• 3 or more years of experience working independently with complex and sensitive issues, leading projects such as process improvement initiatives, rate calculation, financial forecasting, interpretation or/and administration of policy/regulation, or budget development (Grade C42)
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they are able to perform every task in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. The City will consider any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, education and experience to meet minimum qualifications. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role.
Preferences may be given for knowledge and experience:
• Public sector accounting
• Procurement experience
• Public sector budgeting
Selection and Interview Process:
Top candidates will be invited to interview and complete a virtual excel test. Candidates moving forward will be contacted with additional details.
As a part of our selection process, it will be necessary for candidates to provide the names and email addresses of up to five professional references (including two managers) that can provide information on work performance. To avoid any delay in the process, we ask candidates to start gathering reference information now (name, email address, contact info and time period you worked together). Additional information regarding reference checking will be emailed to candidates at a later date through the SkillSurvey Pre-Hire 360 system.
The selection process will include: reference checks and criminal background check.
All testing and selection processes will be done in accordance with the Oregon Veteran’s Preference in Public Employment Law.
Please do not indicate ‘See Resume’ in the ‘Work Experience’ part of the application. The information you provide in the application ‘Work Experience’ and ‘Job Duties’ will be used to determine if you will proceed to the next phase in the selection process. Information related to education and experience must be verifiable on your application to be given credit.
NOTE: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
The City of Springfield is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.