The City of Sun Prairie has an opening for a Building Maintenance Technician (LTE) in their Public Works Department. This is a part-time position, between 15 and 20 hours per week that will include a flexible schedule, depending on city needs and availability established between supervisor and employee. This position supports the operation and maintenance of City Buildings, various equipment, and related facilities. Including: routine and seasonal equipment maintenance, equipment failures, building system issues, snow and ice removal, building maintenance requests. This position reports to and works under the guidance of the building maintenance supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK:
- Knowledge in care of buildings and equipment or interest and ability to learn how.
- Ability to express ideas or issues of a technical nature clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain a satisfactory and productive working relationship with department heads, employees, City administrative staff, elected officials, outside vendors/contractors and the public.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance work such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, shoveling, snow removal, and ice control.
- Ability to learn light routine mechanical maintenance or repairs as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Perform and/or learn routine painting, staining, caulking repairs, and general maintenance.
Please complete an application online at www.cityofsunprairie.com/jobs (608) 825-1174. The City of Sun Prairie is committed to advancing equity, honoring our diverse identity, and creating an inclusive culture.