The utility is recruiting for a Student Groundshelper – Environmental. Students interested in being considered for this position are invited to submit a resume to Human Resources. Please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and what you can contribute, based upon your experience and education.
Student Groundshelper – Environmental
This position reports to the Environmental Resources Manager and is located at the Operations Center, 8600 NE 117th Avenue, Vancouver, Washington. The normal workweek is Tuesday through Friday. Students must be able to work a minimum of 20 (up to 40) hours/week.
Work for an organization active in restoring salmon habitat. Job includes: tree planting, pickup and delivery of supplies, landscape maintenance, irrigation set up, assisting with native plant nursery and various outside work activities associated with utilities stream and wetland restoration program. Be a part of bringing salmon back to Salmon Creek.
· Previous landscaping and tree planting work experience is a plus, but not required.
· Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions for the entire workday.
· Communicate and interact in a positive, professional manner with a variety of individuals including teammates, staff, landowners and volunteers.
· Must have a valid driver’s license
· Willingness and ability to drive vehicles such as passenger vans, utility vehicles and/or pick-up trucks with attached equipment trailers, with training.
· Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be flexible, dependable and teamwork oriented.
2021 Pay Range
Min: $14.00 per hour Max: $16.00 per hour