Employee Communications Internship (Central Division)
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s Central Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us!
Our paid 11-week paid internship program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Your experience will also include:
· Engagement & Exposure: Creativity, ingenuity, and innovation is the name of the game! As you get an inside look into the day-to-day operations of a cutting-edge media and technology company, you’ll work on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects with various business units. With many exhilarating experiences built into one internship, you will have the opportunity to take center stage and showcase your summer projects during the final Intern Showcase.
· Professional Development & Fun: You will have the opportunity to network with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and Intern Experience Days. Our 11-week internship program maintains a strong focus on professional growth and development. Interns will have the opportunity to be a part of a multitude of professional development sessions over the course of their summer. Through ULearn activities, like speaker series and skill-building workshops, you’ll jump-start your professional development. In addition, collaborative activities with your cohort of interns and networking opportunities with senior leaders will all be major aspects of the summer program.
As an Employee Communications Intern, you’ll assist in planning, developing, and executing strategies within our Employee Communications team and will be centered around assisting with management and maintenance of the organization, publication, and documentation aspects of Employee Communications tools and projects and to provide project support. Our interns will focus on assisting in the implementation process while tackling significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills. As you contribute to the meaningful work our Care team is doing, you’ll get to interact with our senior leadership team and network with other cross-functional employees.
This exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment will help execute significant projects within the business; it requires exceptional organizational skills and a “customer-first” mindset to succeed.
You may also:
· Assist with the organization, documentation, and publication of all Employee Communications content and communications. Collaborate with the Care Operations team to plan, develop and administer customer service programs.
· Assist in coordinating with content providers in the design and development of job aids, learning tools, and other communications to enhance user effectiveness.
· Contribute to strategy and messaging, reviews, and edits content of communications materials to ensure content meets established communications standards and guidelines before publication.
· Ensure prior approvals are coordinated and obtained prior to any documentation.
· Maintain existing documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance.
· Participate in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
· Keep communications fresh, creative, and engaging.
· Think critically to help develop and communicate strategies to support business objectives
· Creatively solve business issues through innovation of new ideas
· Collaborate with other internal teams to support business needs and the development and execution of marketing strategies across the business
· Collaborate closely with key internal partners to execute project plans designed to meet Comcast’s objectives
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
· Authorized to work in the United States of America
· Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week over 11 weeks
· Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance
· Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
· Ability to work independently and in group settings
· Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences, or campus organizations
· Currently pursuing a major in Communications, Writing, English, Business Administration, Marketing, or related fields