Engineering Internship (Virtual)
Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s Central Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us!
Our paid 11-week paid internship program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Your experience will also include:
· Engagement & Exposure: Creativity, ingenuity, and innovation is the name of the game! As you get an inside look into the day-to-day operations of a cutting-edge media and technology company, you’ll work on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects with various business units. With many exhilarating experiences built into one internship, you will have the opportunity to take center stage and showcase your summer projects during the final Intern Showcase.
· Professional Development & Fun: You will have the opportunity to network with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and Intern Experience Days. Our 11-week internship program maintains a strong focus on professional growth and development. Interns will have the opportunity to be a part of a multitude of professional development sessions over the course of their summer. Through ULearn activities, like speaker series and skill-building workshops, you’ll jump-start your professional development. In addition, collaborative activities with your cohort of interns and networking opportunities with senior leaders will all be major aspects of the summer program.
The Engineering Interns will assist full time project coordinators and managers on a variety of projects and will contribute in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. The role will be focused on helping to execute on significant projects within the business.
This exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment will help execute significant projects within the business; it requires exceptional organizational skills and a “customer-first” mindset to succeed.
You may also:
· Provide strategic and project support for new and existing technology and facilities
· Performs basic research on root cause of technical problems
· Uses solid engineering skills and knowledge to solve issues within engineering function and achieve engineering goals
· Assists in the development and enhancement of production applications, including working with applications, technical support, and operations during the design, development, and implementation of applications
· Assists manager in implementing and maintaining monitoring processes for all services, network performance, network maintenance, telecommunications maintenance, and overall network performance/reliability
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
· Authorized to work in the United States of America
· Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week over 11 weeks
· Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance
· Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
· Ability to work independently and in group settings
· Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences, or campus organizations
· Currently pursuing a major in an Engineering related major including: Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering Management and Secure Computing and Networks