About Community Housing Development Corporation
Here at CPMC we strive to create vibrant communities by providing housing and supportive services. We aim to create a foundation for low to moderate income individuals, families, and seniors to thrive. Our goal is to promote self-sufficiency and improve the quality of life within the communities we serve. CPMC is committed to building a staff that is rich with cultural, social, and experiential diversity.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Property Management, the Property Management Trainee will work and travel between multiple sites and/or properties assigned to them by their supervisor. The Property Management Trainee will work to assist the Director of Property Management in the supervision and the proper completion of all property management functions for worksite locations.
· Inspect apartments for move-ins, move-outs, annual HQS and housekeeping with the ability to identify deficiencies.
· Inspect grounds and common areas daily and follows-up with tenants on lease enforcement issues to ensure properties are maintained at a Gold Standard level.
· Interview prospective residents, show apartments, explain lease agreements and grievance procedures.
· Confer with the Property Manager and/or Director of Property Management on resident-related management problems and takes appropriate follow-up action.
· Process applications for housing and annual recertification as required by the program
· Work closely with other CPMC departments and administrative personnel to effectively plan and implement programs at assigned property.
· Consult with residents to resolve problems, investigates complaints, interprets housing policies, and enforces the lease agreement.
· Assist the Property Manager with assigning property repair work and communicate with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure work orders are completed timely
· Provide friendly and prompt customer service to residents, vendors, and internal staff.
· Ensure accurate and timely completion of all letters, memos reports and notices.
· Perform additional duties as assigned.
· High school graduate or GED
· 2-3 years of experience in affordable housing management
· One year of experience with managing people and/or projects
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong customer service skills with a focus on developing and cultivating relationships with new and existing clients (owners, investors, residents, vendors, and more)
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal communications
· Positive, can-do attitude with a dedication to excellence and achieving goals.
· Can work effectively solo and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed
- A background clearance is required
- Proof of full vaccination is required from Covid-19
· Must be able to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to move throughout the office, access files, meet with residents, and climb flights of stairs if needed.
· Requires the mental acuity to perform the essential functions as outlined in an accurate and timely fashion.
How to apply:
Please send application to Rhuntley@communityhdc.org
Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, 403 (B) Plan.