REQUIRED: MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN THE CENTRAL BACKGROUND REGISTRY
Position Purpose: Work closely with the director to develop curriculum and work with staff to support the operations of Mari’s Place. Mari’s Place is a state-certified childcare center providing structure and fun while offering professional and safe child care. Mari’s Place supports both parents and children by offering a stable, predictable, nurturing environment with a variety of age-appropriate activities. Class curriculum is designed to meet the unique needs of homeless or highly transient families and to assist families in their journey toward stability and the creation of a healthy family system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be responsible in caring for high energy children ages 2 ½-4yrs old.
- Assure that curriculum and activities are appropriate to the age, interests, needs, developmental level and emotional level of the center children.
- Be willing to potty-train and change diapers
- Take part in staffing of families enrolled in the program to assure that their needs are being adequately addressed.
- Develop, execute and evaluate individual education treatment plans with the Director.
- Plan local walking and short distance field trips to enhance learning and fun
- Follow all center policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain amicable, supportive, professional relationships with parents, children and other staff.
- Assist Director with supervision and evaluation of volunteers and interns.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to make well-reasoned decisions affecting children and families
- Ability to maintain clear professional and personal boundaries with the families we serve
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, families and staff
- Ability to understand and consistently follow the rules and policies of the program
- Ability to provide leadership in the development and enhancement of programs
- Ability to create and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with children and sensitive situations