Organization: Compass Family Services Compass Family Services helps homeless families and families at imminent risk for homelessness to achieve housing stability, family well-being, and self-sufficiency. We have served the San Francisco community for over 100 years.
This is a temporary position with the following schedule:
- Nov. 15 -24: part time, Mon-Fri, 4 hours/day.
- Nov. 29 – Dec. 21: full time. Exact schedule varies and will include at least 2 weekend days, Dec. 11 and 18.
Organizational Core Competencies: Accountable / Adaptable / Client-centered, Collaborative / Committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging / Resourceful
The Adopt-a-Family program pairs individuals, families, civic groups, and corporate teams with Compass families who are homeless or at imminent risk and lack the resources to buy holiday gifts. For many families, these gifts will be the only gifts they will receive during the holidays.
The Project Coordinator will join the team to help ensure the success of this year’s Adopt-a-Family by providing administrative support as well as significant hands-on support with the implementation of the project. This position requires working on-site at our 37 Grove Family Services Hub and SOMA Storage (11th and Mission).
- Format client wish lists to be shared with donors and help with the process of pairing client families and donors.
- Answer questions from case managers and donors regarding Adopt-a-Family via email and in-person.
- Set up and manage a system (likely Calendly) for donors to sign up to drop off gifts and for case managers to sign up families to pick up gifts.
- Set up storage units to receive and store gifts.
- Assist in coordination and execution of receiving gifts from donors and distributing gifts to families during gift drop-off and pick-up period (December 8 – 18), including providing oversight and support of volunteers.
- Keep the gifts well organized and accessible.
- This position will require in-person work, many hours on your feet each day, and lifting boxes.
Experience and Requirements:
- Fluent spoken Spanish required; fluent writing/reading ability a plus.
- Energetic and loves the holidays
- Passion for the mission of Compass Family Services.
- Competency with Excel and Word or similar programs. Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Skilled at managing many details and logistics
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to manage volunteers and interact with donors and clients
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging work
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and spend hours on your feet
- Work experience preferred, especially in customer service
There may be the opportunity for the Coordinator to occasionally work remotely early in the project. However, most of the work will take place on-site at our 37 Grove Street office and at SOMA Storage. Compass has a wide range of precautions to keep everyone safe, including mandated face coverings, increased cleaning schedules, limited building occupancy, and enhanced air filtration systems. Compass also requires proof of vaccination or twice weekly Covid testing for all employees.
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@compass-sf.org. Resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit a diverse workforce. Employees must embrace the idea that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging contribute to the success of our underserved communities, and therefore to shared prosperity in our city and region. Compass Family Services is committed to the continuous work of implementing specific actions that will disrupt systemic prejudice and improve equity across programs and departments, to become an example to partners who also believe in a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity.