Designated Crisis Responder (DCR) – COUPEVILLE
Compass Health is currently looking for an Designated Crisis Responder (DCR) for our MCOT/Emergency Services program in Island County! The DCR provides crisis intervention mental health services to persons of all ages experiencing acute behavioral health issues and when appropriate evaluates for an involuntary detention. These services will be provided primarily in community settings to individuals who are in crisis or for whom a crisis episode is deemed to be imminent. This position will also provide support and back-up to team members as needed.
The Mobile Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) is a community-based outreach team with the ability to respond to and provide crisis services in the community (e.g., homes, schools, shelters). The Team serves adults, adolescents, and children who are experiencing a behavioral health (mental health and/or substance use) crisis regardless of their funding source. MCOT offers short term crisis intervention and prevention services utilizing strength-based, solution-focused, culturally competent, trauma-informed, and recovery-oriented interventions.
WHY WORK FOR US:
As the region’s largest non-profit community behavioral healthcare organization, we have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years. Our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients though, as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement as well as a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time employees (premiums paid 100% by Compass Health)
- 3+ weeks of vacation time
- 12 sick days plus an additional wellness day
- 11 paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- 403(b) retirement with company match
- And much, much more!!!
- MA/MS/MSW Degree in a Behavioral Science related field.
- Current Washington State Licensure or equivalent in Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, or Mental Health Counseling preferred.
- Qualifies as a Mental Health Professional (MHP) as defined by WAC.
- Experience in medical, mental health or social services field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Evidence-Based Practices, or interest and ability to learn.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate license through the Washington State Department of Health must submit Agency Affiliated Counselor application upon hire and be approved by the DOH.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination within 10 days of hire.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License required including vehicle and appropriate insurance, if applicable.
- Ability to attend the DCR Academy by the time of the first annual review required.
Compass Health is the region’s largest private, non-profit organization providing mental health and chemical dependency services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative services to children, families and adults in a variety of outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though our commitment to care doesn’t stop with our clients as we take pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance, which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs. Please visit our website for more information: www.compasshealth.org.
Compass Health promotes equal treatment and equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual minority status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability unless based on a bona fide occupational qualification
Job Title: DCR
Program: 500-11750– MCOT
Hours: On-call (hours vary as needed)