Who is Conagra Brands?
Conagra Brands, headquartered in Chicago, combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
What Can You Expect from Your Internship?
Your internship will be an 11-week immersion into Conagra Brands and our Research and Development organization. The Processing Intern will provide hands on technical support to Product Development Food Scientists or Process Engineers. Under supervision of a technical staff member, the intern will perform project assignments in support of manufacturing test samples, data collection/analysis, and product trials.
The Processing Intern will be a contributing member of a team that brings together leading-edge technical knowledge to spur development of new products and processes. He or she will gain insight to industry while assisting Professionals in studies and projects.
Location: Omaha, NE
Schedule: Interns will work 40 hours a week May 23 – August 5, 2022
What are the Perks of Being an Intern at Conagra?
- Paid Internship
- Housing Assistance will be available to those who do not have housing in Omaha
- Social and Professional Development Opportunities, such as Intern Orientation, Lessons from Leaders and a Summer Send Off
- Exposure to contemporary business and technical challenges
- Directed by professionals with extensive industry experience
- Chance to personally drive projects, based on individual’s skill and interest level
- Functional and Cross Functional Trainings, Overviews, and Learnings
- Assigned dedicated mentor
- Intern class of 40+ students from 12+ colleges and universities across the country
- Perks such as “dress for your day” attire, 1 p.m. dismissals on Fridays, and free downtown parking
Are You the Right Candidate?
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to be part of cultivating the most energized, highest impact culture in the food industry. If you are craving an opportunity to build your talents, make a difference, and be empowered to kick start your professional career in a refuse-to-lose environment, then we want to meet you! We encourage you to discover your own potential and we will provide you with unparalleled opportunities to make an impact.
- Training and operation of pilot plant equipment including:
- Tubular UHT processing system
- UHT/HTST bench top processing and fill system
- Direct Steam Injection module
- Swept Surface heat exchange module
- Lab Scale aseptic Bosch Form, Fill, Seal filler
- Scholle Bag Filler
- Support technical professional in preparing various product samples pudding, eggs, whipped topping, various sauces and others.
- Data collection and analysis from bench top or plant studies.
- Ingredient and process evaluations under guidance of technical professional.
- Follow safety and hygienic protocols.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Preferred Majors: Biological Process, Mechanical, Chemical or Food Process Engineering
- Will graduate December 2022 or May 2023
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher
- A basic understanding in science (biology, chemistry or food technology/engineering) to apply skills to support bench top / lab testing under supervision of a professional.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic computer literacy in MS Office, i.e, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future and must be authorized to work in the United States