At Connections365, we work to bring healing to youth and families through various behavioral health services including treatment foster care, mentoring, outpatient mental health and residential care. We are currently hiring an on-call direct care staff who will be working with up to five adolescent males who are on probation or parole. Residential Direct Care Staff must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
If you are right for this position:
- You have a bachelor level degree, or a combination of formal education and experience in the care and rehabilitation of children or young adults.
- You can manage and deescalate highly dysregulated individuals by utilizing appropriate therapeutic interventions and responding with emotional intelligence.
- You have a working knowledge of dysfunctional families, youth offender behavior and the strength-based techniques necessary to provide a safe, structured living environment conducive to healing.
- Recognizing the value of diversity and the importance of gender- and culturally-specific services, you can adapt your methods and approach to be effective for each unique individual.
- You are professional, reliable and flexible.
- You are a positive role model committed to upholding agency values.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to provide sight and sound supervision for up to five young men ranging in age from 15-25.
- You have a valid Oregon driver’s license, personal auto liability insurance, and a driving record that permits coverage under the agency’s corporate auto liability so that you can transport youth as needed.
- You can begin on-site work within 3 weeks of a job offer.
Here is what we have:
- A team of dedicated people who support each other as we passionately strive to bring hope and healing to our community.
- A serene 10-acre main campus with walking paths, an art and recreation room, and a therapy garden.
- Retirement benefits for all employees; health insurance, life insurance, and vacation benefits for employees who work 30+ hours per week; and training and development opportunities.