At Connections365, we work to bring healing to youth and families through various behavioral health services including treatment foster care, mentoring, outpatient mental health and residential care. We are currently hiring part-time youth mentors to work between 5-30 hours per week. Mentors work one-on-one, and occasionally in group settings, to teach and develop pro-social skills, provide support during challenging behaviors, and connect youth with community resources. Our youth range in age from 8 to 18, have various mental health diagnoses, and experience moderate to intense behaviors. It is Connection365’s goal to help each client successfully reach their individualized treatment goals and realize their potential.
If you are right for this position:
- You have a bachelor level degree in a behavioral sciences field, or three years of a combination of relevant education and experience.
- You are not intimidated by difficult behaviors, rather you are able to interpret the message behind the behavior and utilize appropriate strength-based, therapeutic interventions.
- You can provide sight and sound supervision and observation of youth to help keep them safe.
- You demonstrate competence in building and maintaining working relationships with youth and families needing intensive services and/or out-of-home placement and helping them replace negative behaviors with new coping/social skills.
- You have a working knowledge of implementing treatment plan goals and objectives and of planning for, and implementing, contact with community resources on behalf of clients.
- Recognizing the value of diversity and the importance of gender- and culturally-specific services, you can adapt your methods and approach to be effective for each unique individual.
- You are professional, reliable, and a positive role model committed to upholding agency values.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills and can produce professional documentation.
- You have access to a reliable vehicle, a valid Oregon driver’s license, personal auto liability insurance, and a driving record that permits coverage under the agency’s corporate auto liability insurance so that you can transport youth.
- You are a minimum of 21 years of age.
- You are available and willing to work mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends as needed.
Here is what we have:
- A team of dedicated people who support each other as we passionately strive to bring hope and healing to our community.
- A serene 10-acre main campus with walking paths, an art and recreation room, and a therapy garden.
- Retirement benefits for all employees; health insurance, life insurance, and vacation benefits for regular full-time employees; and training and development opportunities.