The Field Coordinator will train and direct volunteers to work with households to reduce household-based greenhouse gas emissions. They will be responsible for the direction and implementation of activities at neighborhood and community organization levels. The primary focus will be in the area of Transportation, Home Energy and Consumption (consumer choices). Fill out the Field Coordinator Pre-Application Form to receive the complete job description and full instructions on how to apply for this position.
- Plan and implement all campaign community engagement activities including communications, tabling, forums, workshops, and door-to-door outreach related to Cool Solutions and Cool Homes Campaigns.
- Train, place, direct and evaluate volunteers in community engagement and community-based social marketing activities with households, in neighborhoods and at the community organization level for the Cool Solutions and Cool Homes campaigns.
- Work with Communications Coordinator to design and deliver Cool Solutions and Cool Homes materials and messages to households. This may involve collecting stories or interviewing while in the field.
- Support, track and evaluate household and program outcomes, to ensure data entry, and to conduct regular analysis for program improvement.
- Work with City of Davis staff and other community groups to organize and direct shared campaign activities.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Basic knowledge of climate change, both globally and locally.
- Previous experience in community organizing, marketing, community engagement, political campaign organizing, or community-based social marketing.
- Experience working or volunteering in a community-based social action organization.
- Experience and success with promoting sustainable transportation campaigns.
- The ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Skill in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with project planning and cloud computing.
Fill out the Field Coordinator Pre-Application Form to receive the complete job description and full instructions on how to apply for this position.