$$$ SHERIFF’S NOW HIRING $$$
START YOUR NUSING CAREER TODAY!
- ADVANCED STARTING PAY FOR RECENT GRADS
- $3000 HIRING BONUSES
- TUITION AND LOAN REPAYMENT
- ELIGIBLE FOR PAY ADVANCEMENT EVERY SIX (6) MONTHS
WE HAVE A COMPETITIVE SALARY & OFFER EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND OPTIONS!
The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department Health Services Division employs professional staff with extensive skills providing healthcare to correctional patients of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department and is recruiting for caring and compassionate Registered Nurses determined to make a positive difference in healthcare, one patient at a time. Experienced and entry level Registered Nurses excited about the specialty field of correctional healthcare are encouraged to apply. Correctional healthcare offers a safe environment and a wide variety of experiences with clinical opportunities to develop extensive nursing skills in the areas of assessment, routine, urgent, and emergent healthcare. Opportunities to work with specialty services include orthopedics, GI, dialysis, women’s health, oncology, oral surgery, wound care, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, etc. Nurses passionate about professional healthcare and patient education improve the lives and functioning of this unique patient population. There are many patients with chronic conditions identified that benefit from disease management, medication administration and lifestyle changing education.
Apply today for an opportunity to join the proud legacy of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Health Services Division. To learn more about the position, salary and benefits review the Nurse’s Unit and Per Diem Nurse’s Unit Memoranda of Understanding.
CURRENT VACANCIES exist in the Sheriff’s Department. The resulting eligibility list may be used to fill future vacancies in the Probation Department.
We are also accepting applications for Registered Nurse II – Corrections and Correctional Nurse Per Diem which require separate applications. Applicants are encouraged to view the Registered Nurse II – Corrections and Registered Nurse Per Diem – Corrections announcements and apply for all levels, as appropriate.
The Sheriff’s Health Services Division strives for excellence and professionalism, individually, and as a team. Extensive initial orientation and ongoing training is provided to entry level and experienced Registered Nurses to develop the clinical skills specific for correctional healthcare with post orientation mentoring. Correctional Registered Nurses work closely with Sheriff’s custody staff as part of a team of partners in healthcare including physicians, dentists, specialists, mental health professionals, and support staff. The department offers a safe working environment, complimentary meals during working hours and an onsite gym.
*Official Title: Correctional Nurse I
For more detailed information, view the Correctional Nurse I job description.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Certification: Must possess and maintain a current Basic Life Support certification.
2) Shift: Must be available to work various 8-12 hour shifts on a 24 hour basis, which include day, night, swing, rotating, holidays and weekends. A shift differential of $2.25 per hour evening shift and $3.75 per hour night shift applies.
3) Background: Candidates must not have been convicted of a felony and must successfully pass an extensive background investigation which includes a fingerprint check and polygraph.
4) Physical Demands: Incumbents will be required to immediately respond to emergency situations while on duty which may involve hostile and volatile wards and inmates. Requires the following physical demands: balancing, bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting, standing, stooping, turning, twisting and walking long distances both indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions; hand and finger dexterity in both hands; ability to manipulate heavy duty security locks and doors; reaching or working above and below shoulder level; normal vision, including color discrimination; normal hearing; and carrying up to 10 pounds.
5) Working Conditions: Working conditions involve exposure to hazardous and infectious materials and communicable diseases.
6) Travel: Travel throughout the County may be required. Employees will be required to make provision for transportation. At the time of hire, a valid California Class C driver license and proof of automobile liability insurance must be produced for the individual providing the transportation.
7) Incumbents in the class of Correctional Nurse I are eligible for promotion to Correctional Nurse II upon meeting the minimum qualifications and upon receipt of a satisfactory work progress report. Employees must qualify for promotion to Correctional Nurse II within 12 months or be terminated. Interim Permit incumbents must successfully pass the NCLEX examination within six (6) months or may be terminated.
Minimum Requirements:License: Must possess and maintain a current registered nurse Interim Permit or a license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Certification: Must possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at the time of hire and maintain the certification.
No experience required
For more details, please review the announcement at www.sbcounty.gov/jobs. Application can be made on-line – apply ASAP – open until 9/24/21 at 5 PM. (909) 387-8304 – EEO/ADA