Crane Aerospace & Electronics supplies critical systems and components to the aerospace and defense markets. You’ll find Crane Aerospace & Electronics in some of the toughest environments: from engines to landing gear; from satellites to medical implants and from missiles to unmanned aerial systems (UAS).
Our product line includes custom, semi-custom and off-the-shelf power converters and custom miniature (hybrid) electronics circuits for applications across various markets including commercial, space and military aerospace and fiber optics. We have been designing and building DC/DC converters, EMI filters, and special products since 1969
Job Summary: The SIOP Leader will lead and continuously improve upon the Crane Aerospace & Electronics Sales, Operations and Inventory Planning (SIOP) process with the critical objectives to consistently meet or exceed forecast accuracy, inventory turnover, and on-time-delivery (OTD) to Business Model lead times targets for assigned product lines.
Product Line Inventory Strategy Development
- Lead cross-functional development of MFG Models / Plans for Every Part (PFEP’s) to achieve Market Winning lead-times for assigned product lines and regions
- Monitor sites execution of the PFEP’s to insure on-going compliance
- Leverage SIOP data, Win/Loss Analysis and direct interactions with the site and business lines teams to ensure the PFEP is optimally achieving Business Model lead-times and planned inventory turnover and work cross-functionally to identify and make PFEP changes as required to meet objectives
- Work with Sales and Marketing to capture, document and adjust the forecast to reflect changes in demand patterns due to market dynamics, new product launches, large project buys, etc.
- Constrain the Forecast and Shape Demand in alignment with sales and marketing efforts, supply chain capabilities, capacities, and lead-times
- Analyze, identify gaps and recommend/implement solutions for External & Internal Sales Forecasting methodologies, tools and processes to ensure the smallest variability gap achievable between projections and actuals for the planning horizon
Supply Chain Alignment
- Analyze, identify gaps and recommend/implement solutions to ensure material and capacity plans are effectively aligned to actual/forecasted demand and that key business objectives/KPI (customer on-time delivery to business model lead-time, inventory turns and operations variable costs, etc.) will be achieved
- Lead SIOP Processes for assigned Sites o Identify and communicate risks and opportunities related to the backlog, sales plan, capacity and supply chain
- Determine if site’s PFEP’s need resizing, perform resizing and update all applicable Material Replenishment systems (MRS)
- Monitor site’s on-going execution of it MRS execution through daily board walks. exception reports and periodic formal MRS audits o Establish clear and effective controls and communication among all nodes in the supply chain ensuring that sales forecast information is flowing seamlessly and timely throughout Crane Energy Flow Solutions and its supply base
- Assist in product line value stream linkage initiatives and the development of marketing and supply chain strategies, policies, and objectives
Identify and implement effective solutions to close identified business, process and performance gaps whose benefits exceed costs and can be realistically implemented and sustained
Develop, maintain and communicate planning & metrics of actual vs. planned performance, SIOP Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), monitor compliance to policy and report occurrences of deviation to policy
Audit processes, tools and performance as required to ensure compliance and/or need for modification
Use the Crane Business System, Value Stream Linkage and Personal Skill-Set to assist the Crane Aerospace & Electronics progression toward Standardized Demand Driven Best Practices that consistently deliver solid business results
Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management
- Experience: 3-5 years of forecasting/demand planning or statistical/business analysis experience in a manufacturing environment; Experience with Lean Manufacturing, kanban and value stream management
- Knowledge: Knowledge of Sales Inventory & Operations Planning best practices
- Skills/Abilities: Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions; Includes a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Access, and Project; Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment; Fundamental understanding of end-to-end supply chain and the downstream impact of demand fluctuations
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred in Business, Accounting, Finance, Operations or related field
- MS/MBA preferred
- CPIM and CSCP certifications are highly desired
Special Work Conditions:
- Applicants selected could be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Eligibility Requirement: This position requires access to controlled data or information and therefore only US persons will be considered. As a US Department of Defense contractor, we are bound by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Crane Aerospace & Electronics offers competitive salaries and outstanding opportunities for career growth and development. Visit our website at CraneAE.com for more information on our company, benefits and great opportunities.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.