Job Title: Sales Associate
Reports to: Store Manager
Job Description: Maximize company sales growth and profitability through subject matter expertise in assigned area in support of delivering an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- Support and maintain store sales and service goals and standards as communicated by the sales manager or sales team lead.
- Lead by example and support store management in holding self and others accountable for store profitability and safe work practices.
- Maintain a strong, visible and positive presence on the sales floor.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company.
- Support the company’s mission and goals, including applicable key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Learn company products and be able to effectively communicate to customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess and demonstrate company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Promote the brand by engaging customers in creative activities and demonstrations.
- Ensure full understanding and awareness of all current product and product information.
- Maintain awareness of all intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives.
- Develop, share and apply product expertise.
- Possess a complete understanding of and comply with all store processes.
- Assist the sales manager or sales team lead with ensuring product and displays on the sales floor are stocked appropriately and available for customers to purchase.
- Engage in, maintain and support store safety standards and training.
- Possess a clear understanding of the visual merchandising concepts and standards to engage customers and associates with the product.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Crate and Barrel/CB2 Associate Guide/Hudson Grace Guide.
- 1+ years customer service or retail experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems and tablet devices
- 6+ months customer service or retail experience preferred
Physical and Visual Activities**
On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, operate computers/POS/office equipment, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently handle paperwork and/or remain stationary. May occasionally lift, carry, reach, kneel, crawl, push/pull, climb, balance, bend, crouch, twist or have foot controls for operating equipment.
Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the store and stockroom. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet; heavier product with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible
**In accordance with applicable law, associates will be provided with reasonable accommodations as necessary and appropriate to perform the position’s requirements.
NOTE: The KRAs and other aspects of the job listed on this job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.