Our Sales Associates are the heart of our customers’ experience. Genuinely warm and naturally driven, they are enthusiastic brand ambassadors who tend to love our amazing associate discount! A fan of all things home, their enthusiasm brings a level of excitement to our stores that makes shopping fun, engaging and keeps customers coming back. With leadership and mentoring support from Assistant Store Managers and Team Leaders to keep spirits high and the fun flowing, the day of a Sales Associate is dedicated to meeting daily sales goals, becoming an expert on our products, answering customers’ questions, and keeping the sales floor neat and welcoming. Whether you’re helping customers dream up a holiday gift basket or determine which coffee maker will produce the perfect blend, our Sales Associates bring the in-store experience to life, delivering a customer experience that’s unmatched through our diverse and innovative team. Sound like you? We should meet! We’d love to talk to you about how a seasonal position with Crate and Barrel could be a fun and flexible holiday opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Drive sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, sharing and demonstrating product knowledge and product expertise.
- Greet and receive customers in a welcoming manner, respond to customer questions, process payments, and involve higher-level management as appropriate.
- Communicate and have awareness of applicable promotions, offers, loyalty programs, and other initiatives to customers.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent service and company standards in selling, customer service, visual merchandising and teamwork.
- Lead by example and support store management in holding self and others accountable for store profitability and operational excellence.
- Promote the brand by engaging customers in creative activities and demonstrations.
- Assist with ensuring products and displays on the sales floor are stocked appropriately and available for customers to purchase.
- Engage in, maintain and support store safety standards and training.
- Maintain an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines provided by management or the Human Resources Department and/or as outlined in the Associate Policy Guide.
- Process all incoming and outgoing packages, including customer curbside pick-up orders, ship from store, and buy online, pick up in store, in a timely manner, as needed.
- Assist in preparing the stockroom for inventory and perform assigned inventory duties, as needed.
- Perform prompt and accurate stock checks, while maintaining an organized and efficient stockroom, as needed.
- Execute and maintain the visual merchandising standards of the sales floor to engage customers and associates with the product, as needed.
What you’ll bring:
- Customer service or retail experience preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Good communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be able to work one weekend shift including the weekend after Thanksgiving AND the days surrounding Christmas