Are you passionate about computer science education, love learning yourself, and being creative? If so, this is for you.
Create & Learn is an award winning online tech education program for grades 2 – 12. We are looking for multiple passionate, enthusiastic part-time teachers who want to share their love of computer science with students.
– Lead small groups of students in the online classroom using online classroom software to teach the curriculum provided by Create & Learn
– Ability to adapt curriculum and lesson structure to support any technical or social demands that may arise during program
-This is a part-time job: classes are ~ 1.5 hour each. Time requirements are flexible.
Teaching Style Requirements:
– Passionated interactive teaching using online audio and video
– Hands-on demonstration of projects and exercises
– Teaching with inspiration and empowering students
– Confident, energetic, creative
– Effective class management skills to lead a class of high energy students
– College degree (doesn’t need to be in computer science)
– At least one year of teaching coding or having taken college-level computer science classes
– Experience in after school/camp setting/leading a classroom preferable
– Able to work independently and communicate via emails and phone on a regular basis
– Access to reliable high-speed Internet access and computer that can support video conferencing
– Valid background check