Are you passionate about digital art and design education, love teaching young students and being creative? If so, this is for you.
We are an award winning program focusing on online computer science classes to grades 2 – 12. One area we cover is digital art and digital design and we are looking for multiple passionate, enthusiastic part-time teachers who want to share their love of digital design with students.
If you have experience working with children in schools, camps, or an after-school environment, and have a background in digital art & design, we would love working with you.
– Lead small groups of students in the online classroom using online classroom software to teach the curriculum provided by Create & Learn
– Ability to adapt curriculum and lesson structure to support any technical or social demands that may arise during program
-This is a part-time job: classes are ~ 1.5 hour each. Time requirements are flexible.
Teaching Style Requirements:
– Passionated interactive teaching using online audio and video
– Hands-on demonstration of projects and exercises
– Teaching with inspiration and empowering students
– Confident, energetic, creative
– Effective class management skills to lead a class of high energy students
– At least one year of teaching digital art/design to kids or having taken college-level digital art/design classes
– Experience in after school/camp setting/leading a classroom preferable
– Able to work independently and communicate via emails and phone on a regular basis
– Access to reliable high-speed Internet access and computer that can support video conferencing
– Valid background check