CRU – WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Business Title: West Area of Operations (AO) Ministry Associate
Ministry/Team: AO Team
Reports To: AO Director
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
MISSION: Cru Military is a caring community passionate about connecting the global military community to Jesus Christ
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
This role is expected to collaborate and interface with all leaders in the AO. Serve as intermediary, negotiator, technical expert and communications leader between the AO and the Ministry Support Team (MST), representing the Senior Field Leaders and the AOD, providing AOD capacity. Establishes and maintains AO responsibilities, working in concert with AOD, field leaders and the MST.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
As an employee with Cru:
- Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
- Maintain a positive witness for Christ
- Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
- Share what God is teaching him or her
- Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times.
FOR THIS POSITION:
- Provide execution of all AOD deliverables to the field, liaising with the MST to provide direction and guidance to field leaders regarding ministry initiatives
- Implement the training program throughout all field sites, training and ensuring all staff are equipped to train local teams and all records remain current
- Screen all incoming candidates for key ministry roles, ensuring proper vetting and processing of new team members, supporting/training local leaders in the recruiting/vetting /onboarding processes for team members, working in concert with MST LDHR when as roles convert to staff member status
- Fully engage in donor cultivation for AO donors
- Coordinate MST and AO Support Team communications, resources and systems; train and develop proficiency within field sites, establishing consistency throughout the AO, to include digital media tools, Contact Relations Management System (CRM), etc
- Plan & support ministry events in support of AO activities
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
- Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
- Personal development – engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
- Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
Oversee volunteer liaisons in the field throughout the AO
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient knowledge of HR, training and development functions
- Budget preparation and control
- Management and supervisory principles
- Basic research methods
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Microsoft Office, Google Enterprise,
- Intermediate personal computer operation, including google mail, word processing and spreadsheets and database familiarity
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Oral and written communication skills
- Editing, proofing skills and email list management
- Cru Military’s vision and mission
- Military culture
- Ministry organization, operation, policies and objectives
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Learn (Cru Military Digital Tools) Customer Relations Management (CRM) system
- Work confidentially with discretion
- Train and provide work direction to others
- Work independently with minimal oversight
- Proven ability to communicate well, both orally and written, with diverse people groups
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relations with others while interacting with diverse people groups
- Analyze situations accurately and determine an effective course of action
- Plan and organize work
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties
- Maintain accurate records and files
- Plan local and regional events
- Travel as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree, plus 3-5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior Cru experience preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT –
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
CHRISTIAN GROWTH –
It is anticipated that all employees of Campus Crusade for Christ, throughout the course of their employment, will actively seek opportunities for greater understanding, involvement and connection with our ministry by taking part in various activities as specified by their leadership. This includes attending periodic Bible studies and other worship experiences which occur in the workplace during the workweek. Employees are also expected to actively and intentionally grow in their Christian faith and exhibit Christian character as demonstrated by their attitude, appearance and conduct as outlined in the “Standards and Expectations” section of the employee handbook.