This position is responsible for anticipating guest needs, providing solutions to ensure guest satisfaction and exceed their expectations. Adheres to the company’s standards of quality and professionalism.
· Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner
· Responsible for providing the highest level of service
· Process check-ins and check-outs, verify billing, create reservations, and process special requests
· Assists guests by knowing hotel property, local attractions, and hours of operation of hotel outlets and services
· Works as a team player in meeting guests needs, and actively contributes to the efforts of other departments when necessary
· Understands and follows the company guest service recovery program
· Follows proper selling techniques and ensures strategies are utilized to maximize room revenues
· Monitors room availability, follows restrictions, and all booking policies and procedures
· Drives sales and maximizes revenue by up-selling rooms and amenities
· Follows company procedures when handling cash and processing financial transactions
· Responsible for proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste
· Produces required volume of work by planning, organizing and prioritizing work duties
· Adheres to company general work rules, department procedures and company policies
· Attends all required department and hotel meetings
· Maintains a clean and safe work area in compliance with company, brand, local, state and federal regulations
· Follows all company procedures for guest/associate incidents
· Knowledgeable of hotel emergency procedures
Education: High school diploma or GED required
- 1+ years prior guest service experience required preferably in a hospitality setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills needed
- Attention to detail, customer focused and the ability to perform job duties in a fast-paced environment
- Maintains predictable and reliable attendance
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to move throughout the hotel (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods
This document describes the general nature and level of work required of those assigned to this role. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Responsibilities may vary depending on brand/location. All associates are expected to deal with customers and co-workers positively and respectfully and perform duties safely and effectively.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty/responsibility and meet all criteria under physical demands, with or without accommodation.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship. Management retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
CSM Corporation is an equal opportunity employer who provides employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other area prohibited by applicable laws and regulations.