Business Marketing Intern
Work Location: Remote or local the corporate office in Madison, WI
This role is designed to provide hands on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards of the CUNA Mutual Group Business Marketing department within our Business Experience Unit. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Business Experience Unit is responsible for driving customer expansion and lead generation by being an industry thought leader and bringing forward customer-centric solutions.
This position will work with a creative, nimble Business Marketing team focused on helping the intended target audience achieve their strategic goals in a changing world. No two days are the same and will require flexibility, attention to detail, and self-motivation to solve problems and bring forward solutions. The ideal candidate will have marketing course work with a desire to move into a marketing career after graduation.
- Understand marketing objectives, strategy and business brand identity.
- Lead special projects including brand refresh, content & collateral development, marketing event execution, project management, landing page development, project management documentation.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal cross function partners and external agencies
- Gain knowledge of new and emerging B2B and B2C marketing strategies and tactics including; content marketing, measurement & reporting and other emerging technologies & trends
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad program working towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.