The Danone North America (DNA) Research & Innovation (R&I) team is responsible for leading the ideation, development and on-going management of products for the DNA Brands. The purpose of the intern program is to provide an individual the opportunity to gain R&I industry experience. The intern will be involved in real-world assignments and will conclude the program by presenting project results to leaders within the R&I organization. We are currently looking to hire a Product Development Intern based in Louisville, CO!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Leveraging scientific expertise and complete projects using appropriate research, statistical methods, and technical reporting.
· Planning, executing, and managing the development of prototype products & processes in lab and pilot plant. Maintain stringent technical and experiment documentation.
· Developing supplier relationships to deliver against project needs.
· Completing lab testing and shelf life studies as needed.
· Leveraging sensory and consumer testing insights to create great-tasting, high-performing products that delight consumers and are superior to the competitive set.
· Working with, and providing technical product leadership, to cross-functional teams including but not limited to Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Finance, Engineering, and Quality Assurance.
· Project management skills and ability to lead projects through all phases of stage gate process.
· Familiarity with certification programs preferred but not required (such programs may include non-GMO Project, USDA Organic, Kosher, Vegan, Gluten Free).
· Candidate must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate degree, or graduate degree, or have completed courses, in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Food Processing, or a related major.
· Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and in teams
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
· A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
· Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
· Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
· Previous internship or work experience (strongly preferred)
· Interest in the consumer-packaged goods / manufacturing industry with the desire to start a career with Danone Brands after graduation (strongly preferred)
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of one of the largest Certified B Corps™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf