Why join the Credentialing Team in Payor Contracting?: Being a part of the credentialing team offers a unique door into the fast-paced, innovative field of healthcare. Here you will have opportunities for both personal and professional growth as you work with internal and external partners to improve patient care, enhance DaVita dialysis patient outcomes, and continually seek to understand the needs of those who depend on us. The Village is built on the foundation of “A Community First. A Company Second.” and the credentialing sees this through by celebrating the uniqueness and talents of each teammate. Join The Village, join the Credentialing Team, and join our family.
Team Description: The Payor Contracting team manages relationships with a wide variety of payors, including commercial health plans, medical groups and hospitals, among others. Within these relationships, the team is responsible for negotiating and implementing all payor/provider contracts and introducing various DaVita programs to provide additional value to our payor partners and improve patient care and outcomes. The DaVita Facility Credentialing team, a part of Payor Contracting directly contributes to DaVita’s growth and serving our patients, by securing our dialysis facilities’ participation in health plan networks nationwide.
Position Description: This teammate will serve as a vital member of DaVita’s Payor Contracting team. Credentialing Specialists are responsible for securing and maintaining in network status for DaVita facilities with payors, by submitting accurate and on time credentialing applications and ensuring confirmation of network status. This position reports to the Supervisor of Payor Contracting, for whom this teammate will provide day to day support in the credentialing efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities: The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of the Credentialing Specialist position role but are not intended to be all-inclusive. Significant on-the-job training and growth opportunities will be provided.
Credentialing Specialists will process initial credentialing, re-credentialing, and obtain in network confirmations:
- Builds and maintains strong partnerships with payors
- Documents workflow actions in appropriate systems and databases.
- Provides workflow status updates to key stakeholders.
- Completes credentialing applications and assembles documentation as required by payors.
- Obtains network participation status from payors.
- Completes regular audits of workflow to ensure high levels of accuracy.
- Oversees initial and complex credentialing requirements discussions with entities and agencies.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
Required Experience & Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) months’ administrative or clerical business office experience required.
- Minimum of six (6) months’ experience in licensing, healthcare, or insurance preferred.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Proven ability to “get stuff done” and build strong professional relationships with internal teams and external payor partners.
- Innovative and flexible thinker with strong organizational skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple activities and a large workload.
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete a high volume of tasks accurately, within set SLA timelines and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think critically, analyze and solve problems.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new skills and adapt to change.
- Remains calm and effective in high pressure and urgent situations.
- Ability to manage confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• A “community first, company second” culture based on Core Values that really matter.
• Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
• Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
• Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
• A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
• Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Enter text here
Join us as we pursue our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.” Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits