As the Denali Jeep Assistant Tour Manager, you will be a point of contact between the GM and the rest of the guides. You will also be the go-to person when the GM is not around or on a day off. The other times you will be scheduled for guiding tours, and helping with guest transportation to and from the lodgings and tour launch site.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- All Denali Highway Adventure Guide responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Assisting the GM with most day-to-day operations of Denali Jeep.
- Able to manage guides.
- Understand the tour operations and schedule.
- Provide assistance in ordering/inventory.
- Be able to help Denali Park Adventures mechanic with routine and daily maintenance of Jeeps, and other company vehicles as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of the safety protocols and procedures.
- Van/bus driving.
Required Qualifications (in addition to Denali Highway Adventure Guide qualifications):
- Minimum 5 years working in customer service, tourism industry preferred.
- Minimum 1 year working as a tour guide in some capacity.
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to work on feet for up to 10 hours a day.
- Must have a Safety First mentality.
- Flexibility with scheduling.
- Ability to think calm and critically in high-stress situations.
- Ability to maintain and project a positive attitude in all weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to coordinate and assist in maintenance as needed.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communications skills.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to Denali Highway Adventure Guide qualifications):
- Experience managing in a fast-paced, guest service atmosphere.
- Experience in shuttle driving.
- General knowledge of Jeep maintenance.
- Familiarity with Denali National Park history, landscape and wildlife.
- Prior visitation to Denali.
Hourly pay plus tips.