Dependable Health Services is currently seeking a Medical Social Worker to join our Home Health Division in Nogales, Arizona.
We are seeking a talented individual who is able to thrive in a fast paced and high productivity environment. The Medical Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services and as defined by the state Medical Social Work Practice Act. Dependable Health Services has implemented additional measures in order to ensure patient and staff safety. We are COVID-19 prepared and trained.
• Assesses the psychosocial status of patients related to the patient’s illness and environment and communicates findings to the registered nurse.
• Carries out social evaluations and plans intervention based on evaluation findings.
• Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
• Prepares clinical and progress notes.
• Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
• Provides information to patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
• Serves as liaison between patients or families/caregivers and community agencies.
• Maintains collaborative relationships (consults) with organization personnel to support patient care.
• Maintains and develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and organization personnel.
• Participates in the development of the total plan of care and case conferences and in-services as required.
• Assists physician and other team members in understanding significant social and emotional factors related to health problems.
• Participates in discharge planning.
• Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Graduate of a Master’s program in social work accredited by the Council on Social
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in health care.
• Experience in a home health care preferred.
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
• Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
• Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.
• Bilingual in Spanish a must!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.