The Social Media Marketing Intern is primarily responsible for working in tandem with the Audience Engagement Specialist to develop strategies to grow our communities across multiple platforms (including web, social networks and email) and executing those strategies, as well as developing and managing relationships with our best readers. He or she reports to the Audience Engagement Specialist and works closely with that individual on a day-to-day basis.
This position will be responsible for social media marketing in the Portuguese language and will be working on the Portuguese Church News and other products. This internship is expected to start in January go until April or Mau.
If you are an up-and-coming digital marketing innovator, Deseret News wants you to join our internship program.
Duties may include:
- Create and implement marketing campaigns
- Monitor analytics to identify trends and opportunities
- Assist with marketing campaign creation
- Research trends and provide competitive analysis
You are the right fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing or graphic design (or working on it)
- Fluency in Portuguese, both written and spoken
- A passion for news and online journalism
- The ability to adapt to ever-changing practices to stay ahead in a competitive market
- Experience designing with the Adobe suite
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Copy editing
- Strong data analysis and web analytics
- Graphic design or video editing
- Practical experience on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and more
Deseret News internships pay $10.00 per hour.
You will join an energetic group of digital innovators who care deeply about Utah, journalism and the 170-year legacy of the Deseret News. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are serious about working together to grow our business.
The best part of working at the Deseret News ‘ aside from having great colleagues ‘ is to fulfill an inspiring mission: To be trusted sources of light and truth influencing hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
The Deseret News is the oldest news organization in Utah and the longest continuously operating company in the Beehive State. It is a subsidiary of the Deseret Management Corporation, whose other media companies include Deseret Digital Media, Deseret Book, Bonneville International and Boncom
For more information, or to apply now, you must click on the green “Apply Externally” button. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.