Join the Agronomy team at one of the largest private country clubs in North America, Desert Mountain Club, as an Agronomy Intern!
This is a paid internship and must be recognized by intern’s collegiate institution as academic credit towards chosen degree in Turfgrass Management or Plant Sciences. This is a full-time internship which entails 32-40 hours per week for a minimum of 12 weeks.
In this role, you will be exposed to every aspect of golf course maintenance in the desert working closely with the Agronomy Assistant Superintendents, Senior Assistant Superintendents, and Superintendents. You will gain experience in irrigation management, applying pesticides and fertilizers, and growing your leadership skills. Based on performance and program completion, Interns will be eligible to advance into the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent role upon their return to Desert Mountain post school graduation.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a great attitude, strong work ethic, and passion for learning and growing. Must be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4-year Turfgrass Management or Plant Sciences Program.
LIFE ON THE MOUNTAIN
Join a top 15, 5-Star Platinum Club of America and be a part of an exciting, challenging, and rewarding experience PLUS enjoy excellent benefits.
We believe our teammates are our greatest asset and are committed to fostering a culture of care, respect, and positivity with a sincere focus on the safety, health, and professional growth of every teammate. If you’re looking to join an incredible team, then Desert Mountain is the place for you!
· Daily course set-up including tee set-up, cutting cups, etc.
· Calibration and application of liquid and dry materials.
· Assist in irrigation repair and maintenance.
· Operate small power mowers, trimmers, greens mower, tee mowers, fly-mo’s and backpack blowers on designated areas of the golf course.
· Administer Desert Mountain Club water management philosophy for summer and seasonal situations regarding bentgrass, bermudagrass and ryegrass.
· Identify disease and pest issues using Desert Mountain Club resources and report them to management.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
· Required to work in an outdoor working environment – Regularly
· Exposed to extreme temperatures and inclement weather – Regularly
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Desert Mountain Club is one of the finest private residential communities in the world featuring world-class golf, indulgent amenities, and curated experiences. It is a private country club open to on and offsite property residents located in the elevated foothills of the beautiful Sonoran Desert in North Scottsdale, Arizona. The club spans across 8,000 acres featuring:
· Seven signature golf courses (six of which are Jack Nicklaus & an all new par 54 championship course)
· Seven distinctive clubhouses – each with its own unique restaurant plus banquets
· An award-winning spa and fitness center
· Spectacular swim and tennis facility
· Dozens of hiking and biking trails
· Horseback riding
· Luxury camping at The Ranch
Our mission is that we will provide our members and employees with an exceptional experience consistent with our vision to be the finest club and community for golf and recreational lifestyle activities in North America.