Country: United States
City: New York
About Deutsche Bank:
- Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. We’re driving growth through our strong client franchise. Against a backdrop of increasing globalization in the world economy, Deutsche Bank is very well-positioned, with significant regional diversification and substantial revenue streams from all the major regions of the world. We serve our clients’ real economic needs in commercial banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. We are investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. All this means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
The Deutsche Bank Internship Programme:
- An internship at Deutsche Bank is your stepping stone to success and your first look into what life is like on our Graduate Programme. You’ll become part of a collaborative and inclusive workplace as you build on your technical and interpersonal skills, take on real responsibilities, hear from senior leadership through our speaker series, work on live projects, grow your network and learn first-hand how we deliver for our clients. If you want the opportunity to shape your own career as well as the future of the financial industry, then we will give you the platform and foundation to do so. Successful interns will be invited to join the Deutsche Bank Graduate Programme.
About the business division:
- Fixed Income & Currencies (FIC) brings together a top-ranked institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise across Foreign Exchange, Rates, Credit and Emerging Markets. The Fixed Income & Currencies business enables Deutsche Bank to respond to increasing automation, regulatory expectations and client demand for standardisation and transparency in execution across fixed income, currency and emerging markets.
- Deutsche Bank is an industry recognized leader in the foreign exchange business. Our client centric approach helps us to serve the needs of our customers across the full product spectrum from basic liquidity provision in the spot market to innovative derivative solutions for both asset and liability managers.
- Deutsche Bank’s Rates business provides a comprehensive range of fixed income USD securities and OTC derivatives. As market makers we offer clients liquidity across Cash, Swaps, Options and Repo desks leveraging product expertise through our Global Sales, Trading and Structuring teams. As a macro trading desk Rates dynamically reacts to the economic environment and is a fast paced and increasingly electronified. Our product range covers a suite of cash and OTC products and provides one of the best foundations to understand financial markets.
- Deutsche Bank’s global Credit trading business enables clients to meet their investment objectives and manage credit risk. With industry-leading expertise in market-making and credit valuation, we offer clients a wide range of products across Flow Credit, Distressed Products and Structured Finance Trading. Products traded include bonds, loans and claims, ranging from the strongest investment grade issuers through high yield to distressed assets. Our Structured Finance experts provide structured risk and non-flow financing solutions for clients across multiple industries and asset classes.
Global Emerging Markets
- Deutsche Bank’s EM business is a truly global enterprise, operating a hub and spoke model to leverage deep pockets of expertise in emerging economies around the world. The business syndicates and trades risk across a vast product spectrum, from FX, interest rates, bonds and structured solutions, to help our clients manage their risk and grow their businesses.
Division specifics about the internship role:
- Our interns are given the opportunity to learn about our business from different viewpoints, giving you a career advantage. Starting with up to a week of training, the 10 week program will give you the chance to rotate across different areas of Fixed Income while experiencing the different profiles across Sales, Trading & Structuring. These rotations will depend on your interests, your location and the needs of our business but you can be sure you’ll gain a real understanding of the work we do. This business insight & knowledge is complemented with exposure to senior leaders, mentoring and networking.
- Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on. For example, you might be pricing products for traders, preparing financial data analysis, pitching trades to the team, participating in client calls, or refining the way we forecast market trends and opportunities. In addition, you could be involved in live deals, exploring new private financing/lending opportunities, preparing marketing materials for clients while reviewing deal pricing and structure comparisons. Whichever areas you experience, the internship is an ideal way of finding out whether a career in these businesses meets your needs and aspirations.
What we look for:
- We recruit highly intelligent graduates who are ambitious and adaptable. They have degrees in many different disciplines. Even though good levels of numeracy are important for some roles, you won’t necessarily need a formal mathematical or financial background. We have very comprehensive training programmes that will give you all the technical knowledge you’ll need to build a career with us. Above all, we’re looking for entrepreneurial people who thrive best in a diverse culture where innovation and agile thinking abound.
- You should not only be passionate about the world of finance, but also show a keen interest in your chosen field. You already have a record of outstanding academic achievement and you’re eager to go on learning at the same intensive rate. So you’ll thrive on working in a highly collaborative environment with some of the best minds in banking.
How to apply:
- Please visit www.db.com/careers to apply.
- For candidates applying for positions in the US:
- Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
- We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
- Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.
- Deutsche Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.